by julie on January 13, 2010
My kids devour this corn bread every time I make it.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
4. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in a small bowl and mix well.
5. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
6. Pour into prepared baking pan.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.